What can you do to keep from derailing your training?
When you’re passionate about your workouts, nothing is more frustrating than than an injury or sickness when all you want to do is that one thing you love. You may be feeling anxious about putting on weight or losing your training progress while you are down and out. What can you do to ensure you don’t get too far off track with your progress?
- Don’t stress about it. Stress causes the body to increase levels of cortisol in your body which has been shown to have adverse effects on your health, including decreased muscle tissue; decreased bone density, suppressed thyroid function and increase abdominal fat. Keep your stress about not being able to workout to a minimum. There are ways to help relax your mind and body that don’t involve training your body. Try journaling, listening to music and breathing exercises, for example.
- Keep your nutrition on point. Since you won’t be working out and expending energy during those workouts, you want to be sure you are providing good, sound nutrition to your body rather than foods that will inflame you and make you fat. Inflammation is a normal part of the body’s immune response. When inflammation serves no purpose, it damages the body and causes disease and illnesses. Eating an anti-inflammatory diet reduces inflammation in the body; helps our bodies maintain optimum health and provides energy, vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids, dietary fiber and disease-preventing phytonutrients. Incorporating Fit N Firm Foods and Marigold Bars can help keep your nutrition in order during your down time (and anytime for that matter). Orders can be placed online. Fit N Firm Foods offers free delivery for some locations in Spring, Texas and Marigold ships worldwide and has pickup locations around the U.S. You can also add the following anti-inflammatory foods into your diet.
- Keep your protein intake high. Consuming sufficient protein is the single most dietary factor for maintaining muscle. While you can’t get to the gym, ensure you are keeping your protein levels up. Choose lean proteins like Designs for Health Protein Powder, chicken breast, eggs, lean beef, ground turkey.
- Make sure you are getting enough sleep and are staying hydrated by drinking adequate water.
- Don’t neglect your supplement intake. They fill the nutritional gaps. I only believe in taking pharmaceutical grade supplements and I sell the best product lines such as Life Extension, Designs for Health, TransFormation, Rejuvenation Science, and Transcendence. Need to replenish your supplements? Contact me and I’ll make arrangements to deliver to you (limited areas around Gleannloch).
- Don’t train through your injury. Injury is your body telling you that you need to take a break. And don’t try to “work through the pain”. You’re just setting yourself up for a longer or worse injury.
It sucks when you so want to get to the gym but can’t because you are injured or are recovering from a surgery or healing an injury. Listen to your bodies, listen to your doctors. Take the break. Our bodies need the complete rest a few times a year. And don’t come back to the gym too soon or you run the risk of reinjury. Give your body the rest it needs and take the steps above to keep from derailing your training progress. I promise, you WILL come back better than ever.